Floatation therapy is first invented by Dr. John C Lily.
At I-Beauty Medispa, we take floatation therapy to a new level. FloatMe combines the mental benefits of sensory deprivation therapy with the health/beauty benefits of total body magnesium immersion.
Our Floatation Pods are each filled with up to 10 inches of UV-filtered Revitalised Water heated to 36 deg C and up to 1000 lbs of pharmaceutical-grade epsom salt. (Check Quality of Floatation Water in FAQ section for more information)
The high salt concentration produces an anti-gravity floatation effect on the body, which keeps the client buoyant and the mineral magnesium is absorbed through the skin.
Though the body is deeply relaxed and at rest, the experience is not passive: FloatMe actively accelerates the body’s own healing and recovery process. Not having to fight gravity lets your muscles, joints and bones take a well-deserved break. Without the gravity pushing you down, your spine lengthens an inch, chronic pain is relieved and your muscles get to fully rest.
After each session, FloatMe clients will be treated to a nutritious in-house prepared FloatMeal (menus change weekly) to complement the health benefits of this therapy.
Floatation Therapy – The Physical, Mental & Beauty benefits:
- 1hr of floating is equivalent to 4hrs of deep, restful REM sleep.
- 1hr of floating has the same detoxification prowess as a 4 day fast.
- 1hr of floating releases large amounts of the happy hormone: endorphins. Endorphins are natural pain relievers and mood enhancers, promoting a sense of well-being and furher enhances the healing benefits of a zero-gravity environment.
- 1hr of floating reduces our blood pressure, pulse/heart rate, cortisol levels, lactic-acid build-up and oxygen consumption.
- Improves blood circulation, metabolism, fluid retention, immunity and quality of sleep.
- 1hr of floating is equivalent to slathering your whole body with the most luxurious body moisturizer. Your skin glows and feels silky smooth for days afterwards.
- Most people report looking younger, feeling happier and healthier after 1 session of floatation therapy. The effects and benefits are cumulative and can last for days to weeks after wards.
- 100% safe, natural & no side effects.
- A great alternative to drugs & surgery.
“Suitable for all, even for elderly & children”
Float Meals Provided
You will also receive a special homemade floatation meal after every floatation session.
This is to re-nourish your body with a healthy and nutrient rich meal, after you had undergo through a major detoxification process through floatation therapy.
Benefits of Floatation Therapy
Improves Vitality & Energy
Clinically Proven To Reduce Chronic Aches & Pains
Improves Emotional Well-Being
Increase Body Detoxification
Improves Memory & Concentration
Improves Cell Regeneration
Optimizes Physical Performance
Improves Sleep Quality
THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS TO RELAX & ENJOY!
We will provide you with the basic facilities, which includes towel and shower gel. Therefore, just bring yourself and enjoy.
If you are a first-time floater, please book an appointment 2 days in advance and come 15 minutes earlier, prior to your scheduled appointment. This is so, that our friendly staff can give you a brief orientation of FloatMe and to answer any questions that you might have.
To make every FloatMe session 100% enjoyable, please note:
* do not shave for at least 2-4 hours prior to your float as entering salt water after shaving can sting.
* do not schedule a session at least after 10 days if you have just had your hair dyed/hennaed.
* dress casual and avoid perfumes/essential oils before your session. Since you will be required to shower before and after every session, please skip heavy make-up and excessive hair products.
* food: its best to not be hungry or very full before your session. Somewhere in the middle is just right.
* Avoid alcohol and stimulants like caffeine, tea or smoking at least 3 hours prior to your session.
* you will need to remove your contact lenses prior to the float. Please bring your glasses/contact lens case/multi-purpose solution..
* we provide ear plugs, towels and ALL shower facilities and products. Clients are encouraged to float au naturale (ie.nude). But if you prefer to float in your swimming costume, you may bring your own.
* We accept children floaters too! For children below the ages of 11, we require parental supervision.
Due to the high concentration of mineral salt in the water, please be assured that you are able to float in our pods.
Our floatation water goes through both a revitalization system and a UV membrane filtration system.
This water quality system is developed via an Austria Water Revitalisation system, which can restore its natural solubility, purity, penetration power and stability.
It has self-cleansing power and bacterial inhibitory effect (hence, our water is 100% clean). Interaction with our Revitalised Water promotes skin cell renewal, resulting in a much smoother and softer feeling on not only the body, but on the hair as well.
I-Beauty Medispa is the VERY FIRST in Singapore to bring in Floatation Therapy with Revitalised Water system.
Each FloatMe beautypod contains up to 800kg of pharmaceutical-grade Epsom salt. Epsom salt is very rich in MAGNESIUM SULPHATE,
Magnesium is vital for a healthy body. Western science has demonstrated that magnesium regulates more than 325 different enzymes and is responsible for over 700 biochemical reactions in every human body.
TCM associates magnesium with critical gallbladder and liver function, which has been convincingly supported by scientific research in the west as well.
Researchers have linked magnesium deficiency to more than 50 health problems, many of which stem from malfunctions or issues in the digestive system and organs, including the liver and gallbladder. Magnesium deficiency is also the root cause of conditions like anxiety, irritability and poor digestion.
Most regular customers termed our FloatMe therapy, as a futuristic spaceship that removes “wind” from the body.
Benefits of Magnesium:
1. Magnesium improves liver health
In TCM, foods that are recognized as beneficial for the gallbladder and the liver are often ones that are magnesium-rich. Similarly, greasy foods, sugar and alcohol all have a negative impact on liver health because these things seriously affect magnesium levels by causing the body to burn excess amounts of this mineral.
2. Magnesium helps you sleep
TCM recognizes fatigue and insomnia as symptoms of unhealthy liver. So by increasing your magnesium stores, you can often resolve these kinds of sleep issues quickly and easily.
3. Magnesium keeps your heart healthy
Magnesium has blood pressure reducing effects, stabilizes nerve cells, improves contractions of the heart muscles and has an anti-thrombotic effect.
4. Magnesium promotes bone strength
It is essential for the formation of proteins in joints, for digestive enzymes and in the gut wall lining. It is also essential to the formation of brain tissue and in detoxification.
As floatation therapy is known as restricted environmental stimulation technique (REST), it assist the body in reducing muscle tension, supports cellular repair and increasing endorphins in the brain.
In accordance of Dr.Kjellgren A, Sundequist U, Norlander T, Archer T, under a scientific publication of Pain Res Management. 2001 Winter;6(4):181-9. , floatation therapy does not only reduce the tension and pain of the muscles, it also reduces other mental conditions like anxiety and depression.
While another clinical publication of Clinical and Experimental Restricted Environmental Stimulation pp 297-306 by Dr.Turner J., DeLeon A., Gibson C., Fine T. (1993) Effects of Flotation REST on Range of Motion, Grip Strength and Pain in Rheumatoid Arthritics. As it states floatation therapy’s ability of reducing inflammation that resides in the joints are gradually. The conclusion of the experimentation states that clinical subjects who have Stage II of Rheumatoid Arthritis, gradually reduces on medicinal usage.